Monday, April 23, 2012

Davis Gulch Hike

Hiking the Helena foothills with our favorite little people! 

This twin brother-love. It grows every day. It's built on pinches, and bites and little looks of compliance an giggles and occasional kisses and precious gifts of dandelion petals.

 The perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
This is what I always imagined our family could be... Parked in the dirt of a switchback, among pine needles, dappled sunshine. Ahhh, yes.

Everything tastes better on the trail.

How gratifying to see your toddler really hike. Climbing the archery trail's gentle switchbacks, Zander admired every white rock along the trail. He also spotted every dog turd. "Ca-Ca" has become his favorite word.  I love his sweaty little chubby cheeks to pieces.
Max continues to surprise us. I think he could have hiked a mile more, squealing in delight with each purple pasque flower along the way, with each new outcrop of phlox. There is nothing better than watching these young children embrace spring.





Ellie was captivated by the sweet smells of the Ponderosa today. I don't blame her. The butterscotch, vanilla-ness reminds me of summer. She is growing, growing, growing like fireweed in June. So full of observations, question and humor...

No comments: